• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read analog sensor values
Hi,

is there a way to directly connect analog sensors like the TMP36 to the netpi and read out there values using node-red?

I found the node-red node "NPIX-4AI16U node" [1] that is mentioning the expansion board "NIOT-E-NPIX-4AI16U".
But I can neither find such a product on the homepage nor in the shop.

[1] https://github.com/HilscherAutomation/ne...ed-npix-ai

Best regards
Carsten
Hello Carsten,

you are right that an NPIX-4AI16U module was about to be developed. But unfortunately the demand for the module was so low that we have decided to put the development on hold for now.

What netPI sales volume do you have to connect such sensors? I am collecting the demand and can reschedule the development.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello Armin,

I am working for a reserach institute and right now, there is no high volume need for such a solution.
We are evaluating for our customers in different domains how a retrofit solution for existing equipment could look like. Sometimes there is the demand to read analog signals.

If there is no such extension board available we might add another sensor with digital or one wire interface to the factory equipment and use the Digital IO NIOT-E-NPIX-4DI4DO card.

Best regards
Carsten

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Third-party analog inputs mnieuzyla 1 4,482 May-25th-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  MTBF values for netPI RTE 3 and netPI CORE 3 available Armin@netPI 0 1,875 April-30th-2019, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI