• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profinet Example in hilschernetpi/netpi-netx-programming-examples
Hello,

I am trying to transfer some data as done in ChannelDemo() found in PNS_simpleConfig.c on the hilschernetpi/netpi-netx-programming-examples and I think I found a discrepancy between the implementation/netX51 firmware and the GSDML file. As I understand the source code, the 10-byte input is echoed to a 4-byte output (from netPi view).
In TIA Portal the GSDML-file gives me a 10-byte input and a 4-byte output (from PLC view).

I think for one view it sould be the other way around. Just try to force all 10 netPi input bytes to a certain value while the PNS_simpleConfig ChannelDemo is running using the GSDML description included in the image.

Is there a netPi profinet firmware and GSDML-file which is capable of transferring more than 4-bytes?

Best regards
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

you are absolutely right. The sourcecode PNS_simpleConfig.c mixes inputs with outputs during the copy routine. It reads the outputs correctly coming from the PN controller but it puts it internally into the input buffer which is nonsense.

I have to correct it and provide a new source code. It might be that also EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP examples copy the wrong sizes also since the xxx_simpleConfig is all the same.

And no there isn't any GSDML file for any other sized. The GSDML file is just an example of how to make a PROFINET device with netX. Building your very own PROFINET "device" urges users to make adaptions to the GSDML file themselves in accordance with the GSDML file guideline coming from the PROFINET organization.

The sizes netX is providing as IO size can be easily change in the include file App.h by yourself. But once you change it do not forget to make the very same changes with the GSDML file, else the controller will not communicate to netX.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello Thomas,

I corrected the source codes of all three examples, cleared github repo (was necessary) and uploaded my work again and I also updated docker image.

It was not much execpt to change INPUT to OUTPUT and vice versa. The rest like GSDML files remains the same. Just the copy routine needed a change.

Thanks for the hint

Regards
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raspbian OS version of the latest hilschernetpi/netpi-raspbian tad 2 2,259 March-5th-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: tad
  Profinet to Siemens PLC j.langlois 4 3,503 January-26th-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: j.langlois
  NIOT-E-NPIX-4DI4DO with netpi-netx container WalterSchaefer 3 6,476 November-25th-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: zen89
  Profinet name lost after reboot Dipro 7 4,801 November-16th-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Profinet stopped working (spidev spi0.0: SPI transfer timed out) Schranz 7 5,015 November-2nd-2020, 04:20 PM
  netPI profinet device name WalterSchaefer 2 2,487 October-7th-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: WalterSchaefer
  netPI-netx-programming-examples update slos 12 7,579 September-14th-2020, 07:06 PM
  netX linux driver Irina Grinberg 4 3,472 May-7th-2020, 01:33 PM
  how to pick up PROFINET data and store them to OPC UA server on Node-RED/netPI. tad 7 5,570 March-16th-2020, 10:21 AM
  PROFINET IO startup compilation arpan.patel@slscorp.com 3 2,806 February-24th-2020, 12:47 PM