• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open VPN
Yes this is clear. If you connect to the container over SSH then you are logged on as user "pi". The standard user pi (as with original Raspbian OS) does not have admin/root rights and hence using the command "apt update" alone will be rejected.

So either you call the command "sudo apt update" and all the rest of command with "sudo" or you switch the console to the root environment in general using the command "sudo -i" first. Then you are user "root" and can call any command.

I will update my post before accordingly.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Dear Armin,

I am still getting an error attached screenshot.

when i run "curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pivpn/...install.sh | bash", and I clicked through all the options, but at the last, i get error 'Failed to install linux-headers-amd64!'.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

But you have chosen „wireguard“ to install. But I installed OpenVPN. Please change selection.

now, I select OpenVPN.

Which DNS provider should I select from the list any specific? attached screenshot.

NetPi configured in DHCP mode. Port forwarding is done in router setting.

now failed to connect to bus: host down. attached screenshot

Br,
Devendra

Please provide me DNS procedure.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Once again Devendra ... you need to be root user!

Based on your screen shot I see you are still user "pi" (color green of your prompt) which is not correct. You need to be user root to make proper installation.

The DNS provider your are asking???? This is your turn. You have acquire an DNS service provider first. This provider will resolve your router internet address (which will daily change) to a constant name. By this method a VPN client program can always address your router by name instead of a daily changing ip address. Please make yourself confident with DNS service provisioning yourself on the internet. I cannot explain you this basics. This is no part of netPI support.

Thx
Armin

Dear Devendra,

for my home network and internet router configuration I have chosen a Germany DNS provider named https://update.spdyn.de/. This provider grants you DNS support for free. I am pretty sure there are many other DNS provider on the market and specifically also in India that are free too.

DNS provider in general: once you have chosen your personal DNS provider you usually create an account where you can choose a unique and private DNS name (sometimes called Domain name also) this provider is reserving for you. This DNS name is also the name you have to configure in the Open VPN server during the setup.

As next you need to reconfigure your internet router to send its internet IP address to your service provider whenever it is changed (due to forced disconnection of DSL connection after 24h). With this information the provider is able to route any accesses to the DNS name to the internet IP address of your router. Usually the provider gives you valid credentials you have to configure in your internet router.

From that point on any access from all over the world to your DNS name will be automatically routed to your internet router. So whenever the Open VPN Client accesses to DNS name its accesses are routed to your router and from there to the netPI if you have conifgured port forwarding in your router.

Thx
Armin

Has anyone done an IP leak test on a VPN?
VPNs are popular mainly because they hide your actual IP address and mask it with your own. This process ensures that your identity and actions remain private - you are virtually anonymous. However, a 2017 CSIRO study found that 84% of VPN providers leak user data. Although the study involved 283 free VPN apps for Android (which are universally awful, not something we recommend on our site) that heavily skew data, it's still essential to check for leaks, even if you're using a paid service. Subscription plan. In any case, you should check https://bestvpnprovider.co/how-to-find-a...-securely/, because you can find all the answers there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered-fieldbus Fieldbus configurator can't be open Andreas 6 5,626 June-11th-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Adressing netPI with IE11 over its hostname let Docker tile fail to open Armin@netPI 0 2,063 January-11th-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI