• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry on specifications of industrial grade
Hi,

I plan to use netPI to do development and install it in the real industrial network environment. Hence, I need to make sure it can run properly for a long time without disruption. I want to inquiry if you have tested, for example:

- mean time between failure (e.g. how many hours/days)
- life cycle (e.g. > 5-10 years)
- temperature (known) and humidity (e.g. fit data center environment)

Just for example, original Raspberry Pi 3 uses SD card to boot. If SD card's life cycle is short, it may becomes a single point of failure for whole device. How about netPI? Does it uses own internal storage or external storage to boot?

Thanks.
Dong
Hello Dong,

maybe you have recognized that netPI consists of the same circuitry as Pi 3. But the schematics are secret. Not even we do have the schematics but Farnell electronics who manufactures the PCBAs for us. The only schematics part we have is the one for the industrial network part of the netPI. So for us it is not possible to make any MTTF / MTBF analysis.

About the question with humidity testing: I have heard this requirement now twice from users. So I scheduled a test now in our development department. I expect results not before 1-2 month to be honest. Then I can deliver values. May I ask which humidity test and requirements you have?

We are using SD card for data and system software storage. We are using a industrial card like you can read in this forum topic: https://www.netiot.com/forum/?tx_typo3fo...52ae66708a

The sd card is glued to its socket cause of security reasons. You can never remove it.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I got it. The information is very useful.
Hello Dong,

meanwhile we got an MTBF analysis managed for the units.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  niot-e-npi3-51-en (RS485 <-> Industrial Ethernet) merklethomas 6 4,724 April-26th-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI