• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to access Root Directory
Wink 
Hi,

I am required to access the root directory. Please find attached.

In order to install influxDB, we had updated the firmware. The installation could not be done. 

Requesting assist for the same.

Hello Rajesh,

please tell me whether or not you want to use Hilscher original software within netPI or do you want to use your own SD card with your own OS?

In case of Hilscher default software:

You have updated your netPI system software to version 1.2.0.0, right?

You want to use Node-RED on your netPI, right?

In case you want to use Node-RED I recommend to use a ready-to-use container https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered/. This container starts Node-RED for your and also includes the InfluxDB node already. There is no need to do anything else on your side. Just use it.

Regards
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Basically I can say that netPI's default software next to the Linux OS is Docker.

This means that all user software that can be applied to netPI by customers (like you) have to be implemented using Docker containers.

Docker creates a file system for each deployed container. So you automatically get access to the containers file system always. So installing the InfluxDB node should never be a problem for you and your software.

Please tell me which container you are using right now you want to install InfluxDB node to?

We are not using any separate container. So,Far we are using the following steps to install influx DB node:-
Main Page>Node Red>Manage Pallet>Install>Type in Search-"InfluxDB">node-red-contrib-influxdb-Install
Rajesh please tell me the name of your device printed outside on the housing label.

(October-16th-2019, 10:48 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Rajesh please tell me the name of your device printed outside on the housing label.

NIOT-E-TPI51-EN-RE
Hallo Rajesh,

this is indeed what I expected.

Your device is called "Edge Gateway Connect" as marketing name. It is based on the same hardware as the product netPI named NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE but is loaded with different software. This software on "Connect Gateway" includes also a default installation of Node-RED (which you are using) which we secured by design. In turn this means this Node-RED environment does not include C compiler etc.. So if you now want to install special nodes that need compilation process during installation then this will fail ... as in your case.

Most common Node-RED nodes available on the web do not need such a compilation process and just install plain javascript code and HTML code. But not Influx DB.

So the only possibility for you is to disable the default secured Node-RED that comes preinstalled in Connect Gateway and deploy a containerized Node-RED that we provide under the link I sent in my post before. With this containerized version you have all possibilites. And best of it is that the containerized Node-RED includes InfluxDB node by default.

The other product "netPI" is 100% relying on Docker techniques and there is no default Node-RED preinstalled. With such a device the only chance you have is to use containers anyway.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

We have connected the Hilscher device to a wifi network but the DHCP IP address is assigned by a different network. And we are using this dynamic IP for accessing the device as well.

After this, I am not sure if the internet is functioning properly in the device. Probably that is why any installation is not possible in node-red.

And the *Add container* method that you suggested, could not be implemented. It sent error saying, *Image not found*.

(October-16th-2019, 11:03 AM)Rajesh3128 Wrote: Hi,

We have connected the Hilscher device to a wifi network but the DHCP IP address is assigned by a different network. And we are using this dynamic IP for accessing the device as well.

After this, I am not sure if the internet is functioning properly in the device. Probably that is why any installation is not possible in node-red.

And the *Add container* method that you suggested, could not be implemented. It sent error saying, *Image not found*.

Including Image for deploying container

Well Rajesh in any case using container techniques needs internet contact of the device. Else the container cannot be pulled from the internet. So at least once there is contact needed.

And you may be right that if your device does not have internet access at all maybe that of course a post installation of InfluxDB in default secured Node-RED will also fail. Maybe this is the reason why it fails too.

You need to setup a proper internet connection. In general the device's Wifi can be used too to connect it to a Wifi router that gives internet access as a replacement for the single ethernet port.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wi-fi in Access Point mode Renato75 7 4,658 June-3rd-2022, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  NetPI wifi access to WPA2-Enterprise MikeP 4 4,257 September-3rd-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikeP
  netPI RTE 3: access from several comm. masters tad 3 4,026 June-3rd-2021, 12:03 PM
  Access to RTC from my own container application tad 1 3,524 March-19th-2021, 02:58 PM
  Bluetooth Access MGharat 10 8,543 February-25th-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: DSongra
  netPI access for remote PLC confign MGharat 3 4,867 October-15th-2019, 09:12 AM
  How to access netPI? firefly 6 6,130 May-16th-2019, 02:31 AM
Last Post: firefly
  Wi-Fi access problem MGharat 3 4,946 March-12th-2019, 09:27 AM
  access to netPI MGharat 2 4,076 March-7th-2019, 07:16 AM
  [SOLVED] Access problems Azzamjj 8 6,940 January-25th-2019, 07:43 AM