• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i set a EtherCAT node in netHAT 52-RTE?
I want a communication with OMRON PLC NX102 series and netHAT using EtherCAT.

when i was check netHAT using TwinCAT3 Software, I can sure that EtherCAT communication is possible in netHAT. It is work perfectly.

but, EtherCAT communication with OMRON NX102 was failed because of limited setting by the EtherCAT node.

So, I want to know that how can i set a EtherCAT node???
I can not see any node setting in netHAT source code.

Please help.
Thanks.
Hi there,

You say it is failing because of limited setting. Can you please specify this more in detail please? Is there a specific error that is reported by the PLC? Can you make a screen shot of what happens in the OMRON tool suite.

The configuration of the netHAT module is done by the driver and its not part of the source code to make it most easy for users to get the netHAT operative with 32bytes input and 32bytes output data. So basically you have influence on this setup, only we at Hilscher could do it.

I asked the development team already if they know any incompatibility with OMRON PLCs. I am waiting for an answer and will be back to to when I have it.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(May-13th-2020, 05:50 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hi there,

You say it is failing because of limited setting. Can you please specify this more in detail please? Is there a specific error that is reported by the PLC? Can you make a screen shot of what happens in the OMRON tool suite.

The configuration of the netHAT module is done by the driver and its not part of the source code to make it most easy for users to get the netHAT operative with 32bytes input and 32bytes output data. So basically you have influence on this setup, only we at Hilscher could do it.

I asked the development team already if they know any incompatibility with OMRON PLCs. I am waiting for an answer and will be back to to when I have it.

Thx
Armin
Hi Armin,

I attach some images and informations.
It is screen shot of "E-CAT node setting" in PLC.
there images are E-CAT node setting sequences.
additionally, NX102(OMRON PLC) can detect netHAT using scan.

I heard that OMRON PLC was designed to communicate the EtherCAT slave using node only.
So, If i can possible a EtherCAT node setting in netHAT then EtherCAT communication can work.
this is information just heard. thus, i can not sure.

but, one important things, I used simple-open-ethercat-master(SOEM) for another development environment.
through this, EtherCAT between W5500(wiznet) and netHAT(hilscher) can work perfectly.
this environment i can customize some setting and communicate I/O data.
So, I think that netHAT is not fit every PLC machine.

therefore, I have some questions.
Is netHAT not fit every PLC machine??
May I must do another PLC for EtherCAT???

Thank you for your cooperation.
I got a feedback from the R&D department and they gave me a document that apparently should solve the problem.

I have not tried it myself and can just send you the document as is. Please follow the screen shots which are made from the german version of the tool, but I think you should see enough to understand what to do.

.pdf   ethercat with omron.pdf (Size: 795.22 KB / Downloads: 2)

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cifX drivers EtherCAT read/write performance with NetHat over STM32 thp9 14 93 8 hours ago
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netHAT as Ethernet/IP Adapter with Codesys lstiegler 11 43 May-26th-2020, 06:40 PM
  netHat configuration via config packets pitau 6 30 May-25th-2020, 02:21 PM
  Using Powerlink firmware with netHAT and config nxd thp9 1 20 May-25th-2020, 06:40 AM
  NetHAT temperature question thp9 1 10 May-14th-2020, 09:21 PM
  Ethercat Master TwinCATversion? MGharat 1 11 September-19th-2019, 06:38 AM
  Using netHAT drivers with custom linux (not Raspbian) FrankS 5 60 September-11th-2019, 06:16 AM
  Use netPi firmware on netHAT zz_zesys 1 245 September-30th-2018, 08:04 PM
  NetHat Labview richielfc 1 123 August-10th-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Simon@netHAT
  Problem with NetHAT Configuration adeeljsid 2 207 July-5th-2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Simon@netHAT