• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EtherCAT Master: any options?
Hello Andreas,

is there any data you are storing on netPI during operation. I mean such things like a database saving PLC data for trending for example or some tools writing periodically data to visualize them?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(May-28th-2019, 01:41 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hello Andreas,

is there any data you are storing on netPI during operation. I mean such things like a database saving PLC data for trending for example or some tools writing periodically data to visualize them?

Thx
Armin

I'm not sure I started with an empty codesys project and node-red but I do not save data intentionally.
One more question about "console" outputs of each container ... docker is storing them in a database as well. You can see them in portainer.io web interface when you click to the container->log. Is there anything you see periodically writing to it?

(May-28th-2019, 02:11 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: One more question about "console" outputs of each container ... docker is storing them in a database as well. You can see them in portainer.io web interface when you click to the container->log. Is there anything you see periodically writing to it?

I'm going to check that (currently I have no access to the system) it might take some days unfortunately.
So now the system was running for 25 hours and crashed again. I limited the memory usage until garbage collection of node-red starts to 64Mb using the command
Code:
node --max-old-space-size=64 red.js

Additinally I turned off verbose logging in node-red. This seemed to improve runtime from 12 hours to something around 24. Nevertheless if the container crashes due to that the cifx0 interface also crashes and I have no chance to get access to the device anymore due to the network connection being over cifx0.

I monitored memory usage in the containers shell via
Code:
free -h
and
Code:
df -h
All was sufficiently constant and memory usage seemed not to be rising. Even after 24hours no rising memory usage was observed. Nevertheless the system crashed. Since I can't access the device after a crash of this container I have no ability to check log files now.
At the moment I don't know were to look.

Andreas
Sent you a private message in the forum. Pls have a look.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  communication cycle as EtherCAT slave tad 2 2,114 April-20th-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: tad
  NodeRed and EtherCAT Schranz 3 6,056 September-23rd-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Ethercat master mapping SteP 1 2,271 March-2nd-2020, 12:42 PM
  EtherCAT Slave OP mode (netPI RTE3) mauroriva 1 2,467 June-20th-2018, 08:38 AM
  Container IP address - Network Options kimsmyth 2 3,225 January-30th-2018, 11:04 AM
Last Post: kimsmyth