• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docker push
If i try to backup an image in the Netpi to my repository i alway instantly get the message image pushed succesfully, but if i check the repository on dockerhub the pushed image does not exist. Pushing from the raspberry is working fine. Is this due to the missing login as described in this topic:
https://www.netiot.com/forum/?tx_typo3fo...4e1028bb99

Is it possible to push without the login by a setting on Dockerhub or is there a way to view the existing images in the docker build environment and push it from there?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Hello Sebastian,

this indeed a gap on netPI you have detected. The push service implemented today in portainer IO comes without any possibility to specify user name and password for a repository on the www. This is why the push internally will fail cause web GUI portainer uses the admin login and password you assigned during the first boot procedure of netPI. And usually the admin login is not the same as on your Docker Hub repo.

We have defined netPI as a Docker Host only, means the development platform for netPI will be an original Pi 3 for 30,-EUR where you can push, login, pull as you want. So as the software comes today you have no possibility to push from netPI to a repository.

Since we have also detect that netPI needs to be a full featured platform for Docker in near future we have started development of PKI certificate handling, update to a new portainer version and also to a LDAP user management which is precondition for the usage of the latest portainer version. All in sum we have a timeline for 30'th june to implement PKI certificate handling which enables the pull from local repositories in the first instance and then additional 4 week to roll out portainer and LDAP function.

So until then you have no chance to to pull from netPI.

Thx
Armin

You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(April-18th-2018, 08:41 AM)SebastianSoller Wrote: Is it possible to push without the login by a setting on Dockerhub or is there a way to view the existing images in the docker build environment and push it from there?

Sebastian please follow my latest port here https://forum.hilscher.com/thread-309.html. It allows to use the RESTful API of portainer and here pushing images to other registries is possible.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https certificate issues in new nodered docker image Dipro 1 1,666 May-4th-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Docker exposed port don't send data on eth0 COswald 3 3,108 July-15th-2021, 02:10 PM
  Docker not enabled tad 10 4,826 July-14th-2021, 08:54 AM
  Docker amd64 instead of arm biancode 3 3,006 January-17th-2021, 09:40 PM
  docker.service start failed EUROKEY 13 9,178 January-17th-2021, 07:52 PM
  Docker cannot find image COswald 16 8,937 May-18th-2020, 07:15 AM
Last Post: COswald
  After „Rebuild“ of Docker neither the node-RED nor the dashboard can be accessed MAK 4 4,248 January-31st-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: MAK
  [SOLVED] Docker GUI login issue MGharat 1 2,734 September-19th-2019, 11:50 AM
Information netPI Docker REST API patrick 1 3,360 July-16th-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: patrick
  [SOLVED] Pull Docker Image a.w.d.m. 8 5,006 July-8th-2019, 11:17 AM