• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detecting NetPI in Siemens TIA via Profinet
Hello all,

I would like to build a script to subscribe to a memory address in my Siemens PLC via Profinet. 

I am currently running the example Profinet code (https://github.com/HilscherAutomation/ne...g-examples) on my NetPI, but I can't detect the NetPI in TIA.

Anyone done anything similar?

Thanks
In order to let TIA portal detect the netPI on PROFINET via the DCP protocol your netPI needs a physical connection to the PC the TIA portal is running on.

This can be done either via an ordinary ethernet switch or using the embedded switch of the S7 PLC in case it has two physical ethernet ports.

Also the example program needs to run, else the Industrial Ethernet controller in netPI stops all PROFINET communication. So make sure the PNS example program is up and running and printing to the console screen that it is triggering the watchdog.

Since setting a PROFINET name of a slave device over DCP protocol is a very common thing for Hilscher and all our provided PROFINET devices, also Hilscher offers a DCP detection and name setting tool for Windows here: https://kb.hilscher.com/download/attachm...msi?api=v2

Try this program instead of TIA and right click to the found netPI and set a device name with it.

Thx
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I am able to set the device name via the software you provided, but it seems like TIA still isn't able to connect to the device. I've set the IP within TIA and loaded in the electronic Data Sheet into TIA (https://github.com/HilscherAutomation/ne...s/PROFINET).

Is there anything else that you suggest I try?
I know TIA and a function "to scan for available devices" if you select the correct Ethernet port and scan it.

So if you use our program once agsin and scan the PC's Ethernet port and at the same time you use the TIA portal function to scan the same Ethernet port ... and then you don't see the netPI?

But on the other hand you see your S7 PLC in TIA if you rewire the Ethernet cable from netPI to your S7 PLC?
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profinet to Siemens PLC j.langlois 4 3,502 January-26th-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: j.langlois
  Profinet name lost after reboot Dipro 7 4,800 November-16th-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Profinet stopped working (spidev spi0.0: SPI transfer timed out) Schranz 7 5,014 November-2nd-2020, 04:20 PM
  netPI profinet device name WalterSchaefer 2 2,486 October-7th-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: WalterSchaefer
  Siemens PLC -Uploading and downloading using netPI & VPN SAhire@hilscher.local 22 14,305 July-20th-2020, 02:08 PM
  how to pick up PROFINET data and store them to OPC UA server on Node-RED/netPI. tad 7 5,566 March-16th-2020, 10:21 AM
  PROFINET IO startup compilation arpan.patel@slscorp.com 3 2,804 February-24th-2020, 12:47 PM
  Profinet Startup Time Schranz 3 3,392 November-18th-2019, 03:22 PM
  Codesys RTE profinet echteler 2 3,357 September-25th-2019, 09:56 AM
  normal ethernet port using for Profinet MGharat 4 4,634 August-7th-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: hannes